The R4i CSDB Server® enables organizations to create, manage and publish maintenance and operational content, both electronically and in hard copy.
The R4i Common Source Database (CSDB) is the core ‘engine’ within our suite of S1000D products, and includes powerful tools that work together to deliver hard copy PDF manuals and electronic technical orders, also referred to as Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs).
Why use a Common Source Database for producing content?
Using a Content Management System, like the R4i CSDB, is essential when working with complex technical documentation that has a huge mass of data elements, links and versions.
The R4i CSDB enables users to carefully handle and control information, particularly in an environment where there is usually more than one person involved in the development of content (such as technical authors, illustrators, subject matter experts and publication managers).
Users gain a wealth of benefits from using the R4i CSDB, including having information that is able to:
- comply with industry specifications (eg ASD S1000D, ATA spec 2100 and ATA ispec 2200, 5629B, MILSPEC and MIL-STD’s)
- be re-used across multiple platforms or projects;
- be consistent and up-to-date, out in the field;
- be delivered to multiple devices or formats, including paper, web, CD, and in-vehicle.
Four powerful tools
The four key tools included with the R4i CSDB Server are:
- R4i Data Module Manager – A tool that allows you to quickly create data modules from your DMRL. An outstanding feature of this software is the ability to upload your excel DMRL list into the software instead of entering everything manually. R4i DMM also allows you to generate your required DML, DMRL and CSL reports
- R4i Fault Code Manager – for recording fault information about the equipment or system, that can be accessed within an electronic publication when using the R4i Viewer
- R4i Common Specification Manager – for creating common or parts information about the equipment or system, that can be referenced and updated across many Data Modules
- R4i Viewer – a royalty-free viewer providing a dynamic interactive multimedia experience, for your Interactive Electronic Technical Publications.
Easy to install
Our customers tell us that other CSDBs are difficult or time-consuming to install and configure. But that’s not the case with R4i CSDB. It’s fast and simple, as you’ll see in this live demonstration:
VIDEO: How to Install and configure the R4i CSDB Server in under 5 minutes
See it in action here!
Easy to use – Our customers say
As is the pattern for R4i software, the user interface is excellent and easy to use, with everything integrated into the CSDB. To see how easy it is to generate an IETM/IETP from the CSDB:
VIDEO: How to Generate an IETP in 6 clicks
See it in action here!
Find out more