R4i WorkSpace for Adobe© FrameMaker©
R4i WorkSpace for Adobe© FrameMaker© allows R4i CSDB users that need to author S1000D in Adobe FrameMaker v11, 12, 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2020 to remain in their familiar structured authoring environment while accessing S1000D Data Modules and images directly from the R4i CSDB Server.
This tool eliminates the need for some authors to have a separate R4i CSDB Standard license, as R4i WorkSpace will be the only connection they need into the Common Source DataBase (CSDB).
R4i WorkSpace for Adobe FrameMaker supports the following features directly from inside your FrameMaker Authoring environment:
- Check-in, Check-out and reset checked-out files in the R4i CSDB;
- R4i Preview tool can be activated from inside FrameMaker so that authors can see how their content will look when published to an IETP in R4i Viewer;
- Direct access to the R4i CSDB Server for fast insertion of images, with all required markup inserted into FrameMaker;
- Update Image Title for use and auto-insert in your document;
- Direct access to the R4i CSDB Server for fast insertion of references (DMREF), with all required markup inserted in FrameMaker;
- Direct access to the R4i CSDB Server for easy, drag and drop interface and insertion of applicability markup;
- Easy insertion of applicability IDs (applicRefID)
- Direct access and insertion of content from CIR/TIR modules.
R4i WorkSpace for Arbortext Editor®
R4i WorkSpace for Arbortext Editor® is a powerful plug-in for Arbortext Editor v5.4, 6 and 7. R4i WorkSpace installs with schema’s and stylesheets for S1000D versions 2.2 XML through to 5.0 of the ASD S1000D Specification. Technical Authors can work in their native Arbortext Editor environment whilst accessing Data Modules, images and other resources directly from the R4i CSDB Server.
The tool eliminates the need for authors to use multiple tools, providing direct access into the hosted or locally installed R4i S1000D Common Source DataBase.
When a new DM is started, the Schema selected will be read and will load up a document with all mandatory elements and attributes that is based on schema definition combined with rules set by the BREX. The pre-configured DMC structure along with the default text values, will be assigned to all the mandatory elements and attributes.
Save the document with any name. When the DM is checked into the R4i CSDB, R4i WorkSpace will scan the file to find the DMC value assigned and will correctly name the DM according to the S1000D specification.
Leverage the power of Arbortext Editors authoring interface with the power of an S1000D CSDB. R4i WorkSpace enhances the support of S1000D XML version 2.2 XML to version 4.2 by combining the ability to “look and link” Arbortext Editor directly into the local or hosted R4i CSDB Server®.
S1000D Elements and Attributes that have been mapped to advanced functionality and integration via the R4i WorkSpace interface includes:
• supplyRqmtRef (Procedural)
• toolref (Procedural)
• zoneRef (Descriptive)
• applicRefId (Attribute)
FIND OUT MORE