The ship, rail and automotive manufacturing industries rely on accurate data for their operator and maintenance manuals.
Many manufacturers still depend on out-dated, manual methods for utilising and storing their data. Their current source can be multiple spreadsheets and uncontrolled Word documents. The current tools and methods can be time-consuming and many instances of duplication in the content.
Manufacturers are realising the importance of intelligent, integrated content systems that can use re-use and leverage data, thus saving vast amounts of time and money.
Investing in integrated content systems saves time and money by:
- Quickly and easily configuring new models or variants;
- Optimising maintenance procedures;
- Streamlining your procedures;
- Quickly producing user guides and other support documentation;
- Reduces delivery time (manufacturer to customer);
- Increases operational effectiveness and reduces downtime;
- Increases maintainer and operator safety and skills;
- Is cost effective, easy to use and fast to implement.
Industry specifications such as Shipdex (ship) , Raildex (rail) and S1000D (automotive) and technology supporting these specifications, allows for manufacturers and operators to obtain the many benefits detailed above.
FIND OUT MORE
For additional information or to ask us how? Contact our friendly team today.