CONTRACT Senior Software Engineer .NET – Pennant International Group (Canada or UK)
Who we are:
Pennant is a leading, worldwide provider of ILS software and services including technology-based training solutions to the Defence, Aerospace, Space and safety critical industries. Our range of products and services are exported around the world to assist current and future generations of operators and maintainers.
The Pennant IPS software division assists companies with logistics support analysis, asset maintenance, product lifecycle and technical documentation software. We provide software and services for organizations that need to develop and manage engineering data and business critical documentation compatible with industry specifications and standards.
Pennant is seeking a Contract Senior Software Developer with more than seven years’ experience, to commence development on a new software application and integrate into our existing product suite along with 3rd party ERP, PLM and other systems. The Pennant software products utilise XML based technologies (XML, XSLT, XSD), ASP .NET and SQL databases. For this position, a positive attitude and an aptitude for rapid software development are equally important.
- You love tech. You love and are fascinated by cutting-edge software.
- You are naturally curious. You don’t stop with the obvious but instead think about what might happen in the extreme cases. You constantly ask questions and dig deeper to learn more.
- You are empathetic. You help put the friendly in user friendly software.
- You never stop learning. You constantly want to know more. Maybe it’s about software, maybe it’s about other topics – doesn’t matter. You’re absolutely hungry for more knowledge and ideas, and you can show us how you’ve used that to improve yourself.
- 7+ years experience with WinForms development using C#
- Experience with the Developer Express suite of UI products
- Extensive knowledge of relational database design and implementation using MS SQL Server
- Experienced working with Microsoft Azure
- You truly understand Agile software development, and have worked on teams that have used methodologies like Scrum
- You’re excited by the challenge of integrating modern solutions with legacy systems
- A strong focus on UI design which is both aesthetically pleasing while providing a premium user experience
Experience with the following will be highly regarded:
- Oracle and PL/SQL
- Unit testing
This is a 12-month contract, with the option to negotiate moving to a full-time role at the end of the contract.
The .NET Software Engineer will interact with multiple development, consulting and support teams based in Australia, US, Canada, and UK, therefore this role can be based in Fareham, UK or Ottawa, Canada.
Negotiable, based on experience and skill set.
For the opportunity to become part of a dynamic team apply now to: info-IPS@pennantplc.com