Pennant Australasia Pty Ltd has as opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our workforce based in Melbourne on a permanent basis.
Who is Pennant?
Pennant International Group is a leading, worldwide provider of technology-based training solutions, ILS software and services to the Defence, Aerospace, and safety critical industries. We have offices across the globe and aim to be the global provider of choice for world-class products and services which train and assist engineers in both the Defence and regulated civilian sectors.
We aim for excellence by continuously striving to improve (Innovation), take responsibility (Quality), believe that everyone matters (Teamwork and Diversity) and deliver on our commitments (Respect). Our values drive our daily interactions, support a culture of collectiveness and collaboration whilst challenging continued performance.
The role will primarily consist of maintaining the internal quality systems, including Policies and Procedures, and business processes. This position provides support and training to the organisation to ensure a widespread understanding of compliance and other organisational quality requirements. Please refer to the below Job Description for further information on the role deliverables.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Plan, develop and undertake quality audits and analyses activities to ensure compliance with established internal controls, quality assurance systems, legislation, policies, and procedures to meet ISO and Australian Standards requirements.
- Liaise and work with the Group Quality Manager on matters pertaining to Group policy re quality and ISO certification
- Maintain quality assurance systems and processes, including the development of quality procedures and supporting tools to maintain ISO and Australian Standards certification.
- Conduct quality assurance investigations for identified non-conformances, identifying underlying root causes, and developing corrective actions.
- Manage QMS and technical documentation and ensure proper retention of records and documents.
- Assist in the development of training programs to support end users in the rollout and ongoing use of the system.
- Produce various reports and statistics required by the regulatory authorities and communicate to clients.
- Monitoring and reporting on all activities, processes, and procedures.
- Providing departments with quality planning and support.
- Other general duties as may be reasonably requested
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to engage with management, employees, and external stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes.
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple work demands to meet deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products (particularly MS Word, Excel and Project, SharePoint).
- Ability to exercise initiative, discretion, judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with a diverse group of staff.
- Good technical and commercial awareness and attention to detail.
- Auditor experience / qualification in ISO 9001 (Required)
- Demonstrate experience working in a Quality Assurance role within a Defence, Software Development or Training organisation. (Desired)
- Demonstrated experience managing documentation and processes around ISO 9001. (Required)
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of QA systems, tools, concepts, methodologies, auditing, and Australian Standards (Required)
- Experience in document management practices and systems (Desired)
- Experience undertaking internal audits and preparation of relevant documentation (Required)
- Must be an Australian citizen to meet Defence security requirements, and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Defence Baseline security clearance (Required)
Interested? Please send your CV with a cover letter of no more than 1 page, addressing how you meet the requirements of the role via email to: careers-IPS@pennantplc.com.
The deadline for applications is 5:00 pm (AEST) Friday 10 September 2021 and due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret to advise that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.