Pennant is a leading, worldwide provider of ILS software and services including technology-based training solutions to the Defence, Aerospace, Space and safety critical industries. Our range of products and services are exported around the world to assist current and future generations of operators and maintainers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Pennant as a part time HR & Office Admin, responsible for supporting the daily HR and administrative activities of the business and take ownership of certain processes, including but not limited to recruitment, onboarding and offboarding. Additionally, provide administrative support to the wider business as and when required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Administer the starter, leaver and changes process, including creating offer letters, contracts of employments, change to contract letters & leaver letters.
- Administer and ensure correct completion of new starter paperwork such as. right to work checks, security checks, completion of induction training and requesting references for employees and contractors where required.
- Organise travel bookings, including flight & accommodation bookings, visa requests, taxi/hire car requests etc.
- Coordinate induction training delivered by the local line managers to new starters and periodic compliance training on Company procedures for employees and contractors.
- Assist in liaising with Finance for any payroll related changes and making relevant changes to employees’ records.
- Support the Group HR Manager as the regional first point of contact for HR related enquiries (escalating where appropriate)
- Support to the Group HR Manager in preparing the business for appraisals and pay reviews.
- Assist with the recruitment activities with both permanent and non-permanent roles, including CV screening, scheduling interviews and providing feedback to candidates.
- Administer any training requests both internal and external, including liaising with regional Finance to confirm approved budget.
- Maintain HR records electronically using organisational HR software.
- Use the HR process maps as a checklist for main areas of data collection (recruitment, starters, leavers) and make sure documentation has been completed correctly and within the appropriate timeframe.
- Coordinate the monthly reporting of HR metrics.
- Conduct clerical duties, including filing, answering phone calls, responding to email and preparation of documents.
- Support the Group HR Manager with projects, including data collection, research, amendment to contracts, communication letters and other HR activities as required.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post.
- Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise important projects.
- Strong phone, email and in-person communication skills.
- Flexible, proactive and happy to take on new tasks.,
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong record keeping skills.
- Proven work experience as a HR administrator or general office administrator
- Experience with HR software
- Computer literacy with experience using MS Office suite of applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint with an intermediate level of knowledge and application.
- Knowledge of employment laws of the region would be advantageous.
- Ability to meet and maintain a minimum of an Australian Defence BASELINE security clearance.
The role is based in Melbourne, Australia but may involve travel to Brisbane and Wagga Wagga as required. Overseas travel is not expected.
At all times, the HR & Office Administrator is required to represent the Company in a favourable light and to comply with all relevant Group policies and procedures and the Company’s Core Values.