Who we are:
Pennant America Inc. is a leading, worldwide provider of Integrated Product Support software and services to the Defense, Aerospace, Space, and safety critical industries. Our range of products and services are exported around the world to assist current and future generations of operators and maintainers.
Pennant assists companies with logistics support analysis, asset maintenance, product lifecycle and technical documentation software. We provide software and services for organizations that need to develop and manage engineering data and business critical documentation compatible with industry specifications and standards.
About this role:
Pennant is seeking Technical Writers for contract roles to support our growing global customer base.
This role requires the right candidate to:
- Supports the development, production, writing, internal and external reviews, for operations and maintenance manuals.
- Works with technical operations, maintenance, quality, and engineering Managers to produce technical manuals.
- Aids the customer to resolve documentation deficiencies which were noted during usage of products.
- Support the safety, quality and engineering verification and validation of procedures and the engineer’s review of the technical accuracy of information contained in the developed manuals and other maintenance documentation as applicable.
- High level of proficiency in matters relating to preparation of the technical data, and technical publications documents.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standards and specifications, particularly S1000D.
- Possess detailed knowledge of desktop publishing software and publishing tools, with a strong base in SGML/XML markup languages.
- High level of proficiency with spoken and written English.
- Applicants must be U.S. persons
- Ability to interpret engineering drawing and manuals.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Aerospace technical publications environment and demonstrated working knowledge in a Defense environment a plus.
- Knowledge of and proven experience in ATA e-commerce iSpec 2300, Spec 2000 and/or S1000D.
- Travel as needed.
This will be a work from home position.
Pennant America is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Pennant America is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Negotiable based on experience and skill set.
For the opportunity to become part of a dynamic team apply now to Sales-IPS@pennantplc.com